The Becker Schilling®* concept.
The Schilling® Rudder is a high-lift rudder, designed for vessels of any size, and supplied in single or multiple configurations. Being of a single piece construction with optimised shape and no moving parts, the Schilling® Rudder dramatically improves both course-keeping and vessel control characteristics. With operating angles up to 70° port and starboard, the Schilling® Rudder can control the propulsive force to achieve an efficient “side thrust” effect at a ship’s stern.
The enhanced levels of ship handling and control achieved with the Schilling® Rudder system gives ship owners and operators access to a range of long term operating, cost and safety benefits.
The unique profile of the Schilling® Rudder incorporates:
- New enhanced high-lift low drag profile
- A rounded leading edge promoting good flow properties at all rudder angles
- A fishtail trailing edge that accelerates the flow and recovers lift over the aft section of the rudder
- End and optional intermediate plates to control propeller slipstream
- High rudder balance optimising propeller coverage
- Fully welded steel construction of the rudder blade
- Rudder blade to stock connection by keyless conical or flange coupling
- Single or multiple bearing support with no moving parts